Everyone loves to have strong and healthy hair and we always almost follow most of the advice and tips from our peers and family members to have a healthy head of hair. Apart from eating healthy food there are certain steps to follow to have beautiful hair. Here are few of the most important hair care tips for teens to get shining and beautiful hair.
- Wash your hair at least twice a week. Unless your hair is oily, dry them gently without twisting and squeezing to make sure that you don’t cause any type of external damage to your hair.
- You can also use a cream to detangle your hair. Always use a large-toothed comb while detangling your hair. Try to avoid hair dryer to prevent heat exposure to your beautiful hair. Remember to brush your hair before bedtime.
- Always avoid entanglements in the morning. By applying a cream or mask once or twice a week, you can not only protect your hair but also restore them to life and good health.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. This is because water makes up ¼ of the weight of a strand of hair. At the same time, moisture makes your hair supple. So, make sure to get plenty of fluids to maintain good internal health of your hair.
- Proteins are as important for your hair as for other body organs. You should provide as much protein as possible to your hair by eating some good amount of protein containing foods like fish, meat, milk, cheese, cereals and others. This supplies enough strength to your hair shaft and significantly reduces the likelihood of splitting.
- Minerals also play an important role when it comes to good internal health of your hair. Few of the minerals that are essential for your hair include iron to carry oxygen to your hair, zinc to prevent hair loss at early stages of life and copper to optimize the natural colour of your hair.
- Vitamins too are essential to maintain the good health of your hair. Different types of vitamins have different roles to play in promoting the natural health of your hair. This includes vitamin A to give you a healthy scalp, vitamin B and C to improve the circulation to your hair, enhance the growth of your hair and maintain your natural hair colour.
- Last but not the least is to make sure that you prefer natural homemade remedies over parlour or boutique techniques to make your particular hair type shine, glow and look beautiful. This is because parlour techniques can make your hair look gorgeous over a certain period of time but they are sure to significantly damage your hair. Like iron press used with straightening creams while straightening your hair damages your hair and makes them rough, brings more split ends and eventually causes them to break and significantly increase the amount of daily hair fall.
Although there are over several thousands of products available in the market to help teens take better care of their hair but you should keep in mind that most of these products can do more harm than the good to your hair. So, you should take good care of your hair by following these hair care tips for teens.