Winter brings with it woes for the skin. Dryness and flakiness are normal for winter months while the skin becomes sensitive. There is a depletion of moisture from the skin that is caused by the dry cold weather and the heated indoor air. This makes the skin appear dry, cracked, and flaky. However pleasant the winter months are, they take a toll on the skin of an individual. Here are 10 winter skin care tips that can be followed to have an uncomplaining, smooth skin during the winter months.
- Irrespective of the type of skin of an individual, there is a certain amount of change in the quality with the change in climate. A very significant step that is to be followed at the start of the winter months is to get facial done. It must be noted that facials are not the same for all skin types. It is important to make sure that the choice of facial is right. A good facial makes the winter skin care routine more effective.
- People are in the wrong opinions if they consider that keeping the body hydrated is meant only for summer. In fact, the skin tends to get more dehydrated in winter. It is therefore important to drink water in plenty.
- It is winter and the skin needs an extra coat of moisture. In fact, the skin needs heavy moisturizer and cold creams during the winter as the light ones cannot hold the moisture for long. Using heavy creams can keep the skin hydrated for really long by holding the moisture.
- One of the most important winter skin care tips is to avoid such winter care products or beauty products that contain petroleum. It clogs the pores and thus moisture cannot penetrate. Every product should be checked for the ingredients before application.
- Sunscreens should not sit locked in your dresser in the winter. Just because its chilly cold, it does not mean there are no sun’s rays. Sunscreens have indispensable use even in the winter months. As in summer, it should be applied thirty minutes prior to stepping out in the sun.
- Cleansing is an important activity that remains unaffected by the change of climate and season. An astringent or a cleanser that is gel based would only irritate the skin drying it out. Cream cleanser can be used in removing the facial make up. It does not cause depletion of moisture from the skin.
- Exfoliation is a mandatory process and should be done on a regular basis. Thrice a week is good. Dead skin cells will be removed in the process.
- Hydrating serums work wonders on winter skin, locking the moisture inside.
- Regular body massages with oils are necessary to keep the skin beautiful and glowing.
- The lip balms are must and they should contain the right SPF.
The winter skin care tips can help to be in good skin throughout the winter.