There are huge numbers of people who suffer from the problems skin rashes. Some rashes don’t affect much but some of the rashes tend to be very disturbing and cause itchiness. The problem of itchy skin rash has a tendency to reoccur and sometimes it becomes very difficult to get rid of them. To treat any type of rash it is very important to understand the type of rash that the person is suffering. Some of the common rash problems are:
- Psoriasis: This is a type of skin disorder that is caused due to certain changes in the immune system. The changes disturb the normal pattern of the skin and the cells start fighting against the normal skin.
- Pityriasis rosea: The problem of Pityriasis rosea tends to have striking appearance. At the start it forms a herald patch that might be oval shape and occurs around the trunk. This type of rash lasts for around 8 weeks and keeps spreading through the skin line.
- Poison Ivy: This rash is also known as rhus dermatitis and the main reason behind its occurrence is exposure to the resin known as urushiol. This resin is found on the plants that have rhus genus and include oak, sumac, and ivy. This is somewhat common and causes redness in the area where it occurs. It tends to increase when it comes in contact of blisters.
- Chicken Pox: This problem is caused by a virus known as varicella. This is very itchy skin rash and one of the most annoying among of all the skin problems. It is best to use the chicken pox vaccine to get rid of the problems caused by this virus.
- Scabies: Scabies is an itchy skin rash that tends to be bumpy, red and mostly occurs near wrists, armpits, between fingers, or the waistline. This problem is caused by small mites that burrow inside the skin. There are some effective lotions that are used to treat scabies but the rash tends to last for few months.
- Eczema: Eczema comes in the category of allergies and the main cause of this problem is not known. Medical experts tend to suggest that it is caused due to problems and some abnormalities in the epidermis that makes the skin very dry. Some common medications can help in getting rid of this problem easily.
- Hives: Hives is a rash that can develop in few hours. This problem is divided into two parts i.e. chronic hives and acute hives. The acute hives last for less time while the chronic hives tend to increase with water contact.
- Ringworm: This rash is caused due to some fungal infection and is very uncomfortable. It is round in shape and red in colour. Some tropical medications as well as oral medication are effective for treating this rash.